Progressive rock band Goblin, who readers of Geek Juice Media may know for their musical scores to many classic horror films, will tour the U.S. once again starting next month.
The tour will be very brief. It will last until May and the band is only scheduled to stop in Florida, Texas, Arizona and California. Dates and city locations are provided below
Keyboardist Aidan Zammat will not be touring with the group due to other commits. However Steve Moore from the from the Pittsburg based band Zombi will be filling in. Goblin was a huge influence on Zombi so it seems only natural that Moore would fill in.
Goblin formed in 1972. While they have always been a progressive rock group they are most famous for their musical scores to various horror movies, most notably those of their frequent collaborator Dario Argento. Some of their more famous scores include those for “Suspiria,” “Dawn of the Dead” and “Phenomena.”
If you ever wanted to hear the sounds of classic Italian horror films played live before your eyes, I wouldn’t pass this up. Goblin are legends in the horror field with more iconic soundtracks than anyone else I can think of.
- April 24 St. Petersburg, FL / State Theater
- April 25 Miami, FL / Grand Central
- April 27 Dallas, TX / Texas Theater
- April 28 Houston, TX / House Of Blues
- April 29 Austin, TX / Mohawk
- May 1 Phoenix, AZ / Marquee
- May 2 San Diego, CA / House Of Blues
- May 3 Los Angeles, CA / Henry Fonda Theater
- May 4 Oakland, CA / Metro
Source – Shock Til You Drop