In addition to this month’s Mythical Pokémon freebie, we get a special treat! For a short time, the opportunity to get Hoopa has come around once more. If you missed him the first time, you have until October 9th to add Hoopa to your Pokédex! No need to make a trip to McDonald’s for wifi like last year, this time we have the ease of receiving via code: 2016HOOPA. As with the monthly Mythicals celebration, Hoopa is available for Pokémon X&Y as well as ORAS.
Hoopa arrives at level 50, equipped with a Smoke Ball & moves:
- Hyperspace Hole – Using a hyperspace hole, the user appears right next to the target & strikes. This also hits a target using Protect or Detect.
- Psychic – The target is hit by a strong telekinetic force. This may also lower the target’s Sp. Def stat.
- Astonish – The user attacks the target while shouting in a startling fashion (as opposed to non startling shouting…) This may also make the target flinch.
- Nasty Plot – The user stimulates its brain by thinking bad thoughts. This sharply raises the user’s Sp. Atk.
Now for the Mythical Pokémon celebration info – this month’s gift is Keldeo! Yay for no errand trip to stop by a GameStop to get a code card this month, Keldeo is one of the freebies obtained through the Nintendo Network (the “via internet” option.) Keldeo is available until the 24th, is level 100, holding a PP Max, with moves:
- Aqua Jet – The user lunges at the target at a speed that makes it almost invisible. This move always goes first.
- Leer – The user gives opposing Pokémon an intimidating leer that lowers the Defense stat.
- Double Kick – The target is quickly kicked twice in succession using both feet.
- Bubble Beam – A spray of bubbles is forcefully ejected at the target. This may also lower its Speed stat.
As always, be sure to save the game after you pick up your Pokémon from the chick in the Pokémon Center!
Side note: I know it’s been a while since a V Spot, & in the last I had said I would report on each month’s freebie, so for that I apologize… life stuff & such. So, I can’t promise I’ll be reporting on each & every, but I’ll try. I just definitely wanted to get this month’s out since Hoopa is also back for such a short time. Which, by the way, I’m happy about because all this time I’ve regretted missing him – as I was in the middle of moving & really didn’t feel like going to McDonald’s just to use their wifi. So hooray!